- To proclaim the love of God
- To live the Gospel of Jesus Christ
The Bible makes it clear that Christians are called to support the mission and the ministry of the church. Together we are a proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ by way of our living witness. One aspect of this is our financial commitments in support of the work of the Church.
In pursuit of our calling in Christ we will:
- Offer inspirational woship services
- Raise up leaders and ministers in our midst to serve and lead
- Offer relevant programs of Christian education and spiritual development for adults, teens and children
- Expand a strong and compassionate pastoral care presence
- Identify, prepare and support parishioners in their own unique callings and ministries
- Provide a dynamic and relevant youth and young adult ministry
- Establish a comprehensive and supportive Family Ministry
- Take our place as a community leader in Talbot County
- Reach more people with the life-giving truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Live as a holy and joyful community of faith, hope and love
- Support those seeking God and their growth in Christ
- Work for healing, justice and peace in the Name of God
- In One God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- That God’s love for all of His creation is life itself
- In the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for the redemption of the world
- In the Wisdom, strength and blessing of the Holy Spirit
We are called by God to be:
- A bold witness of the glory of God for the sake of all humankind and the world
- Encouragement to all people in thier Christian life and discipleship
- A faithful community reflecting the love of God
- Living witnesses of the Holy Gospel
All ChristiansFaith and money: Few things make people more serious than talk about God and money. In this case, being serious is a good thing; especially once we accept the reality that having a faith in God means making tangible commitments in support of the Gospel. A faith that is not put into practice and stops at the conceptual level is an idea or an opinion. A faith that has no works to show for it is no faith at all.
“What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say that you have faith but do not have works? Can faith save you? If a brother or sister is naked and lacks daily food, and one of you says to them ‘Go in peace; keep warm and eat your fill.’ And yet you do not fulfill their bodily needs, what is the good of that? So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead. But someone will say ‘You have faith and I have works.’ Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith.” (James 2:14-18)
Therefore for Christians, being serious about our physical, financial and prayerful commitments to the mission of God in the world is very good and most important, because it means we are taking our calling in Christ seriously as well. Who we are as Christians determines what we are to be and do as disciples of Jesus Christ in the world. And a church, our church, is a true community of servants; gathered together for a time to engage the will of God and advance it into the world through our lives.
What is a Pledge?
A pledge is a promise to the church of financial support. It is a commitment of faith and honor, and it is not a legal obligation. The pledges we receive give the church’s leadership a sense of what it can expect from its parishioners and facilitates the creation of a responsible mission and ministry budget. All Christians are encouraged to be working toward a Biblical standard of a tithe of 10% of their income. Many people pledge a certain amount and then add to it whenever they come to services by contributing money to the collection basket or plate. This is done as a tangible sacrifice, and is a part of the worship experience. All contributions support the ministry and the mission of the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
How Do I Pledge?
There are several ways to make a pledge, and pledge cards are available in the church office.
- on the church website online Pledge
- Turn in the Pledge Card at the offertory during worship
- Mail or return the Pledge Card to the church office